Y Budi Sulistioadi
1st Call open
Application deadline all positions: 31-10-2015
Wetsus is looking for excellent and highly motivated candidates with interest in water science and technology having an MSc degree in microbiology, chemistry, (applied) physics, bio-technology, chemical engineering, electronics, mechanical engineering, or related disciplines.
The Wetsus research program brings together research on water technology from over 16 universities from all over Europe in one physical location in Leeuwarden, the Netherlands. The research is demand driven through active participation of more than 90 industrial partners in the program. Key elements in the program are the strong focus on interdisciplinary interaction, entrepreneurial skills and societal relevance.
You will be working in an innovative, dynamic and future-directed institute on water technology research. You will work in close collaboration with industrial partners.
For an overview of all available PhD research projects see the research projects tab. For most positions the starting date is around February 2016.
Further information about the individual Research Projects can be found under the 'Research Projects'tab.
General recruitment and requirementsRequirements
- The candidate holds a master degree in the relevant discipline (see the PhD position) or will receive this before the appointment date
- The candidate doesn't hold a previous PhD degree
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team in an international environment and to work independently
- High motivation to pursue a career in science
- Excellent English communication skills, orally as well as in scientific writing
- Preference for candidates with study experiences outside their home country
- selection based on the required application documents
- an interview by means of a video call
- final selection during a recruitment challenge held at the premises of Wetsus in Leeuwarden.
The recruitment challenge serves as the final assessment of the suitability of the candidate. During the challenge the candidate will be asked to:
- present their previous research, e.g. MSc thesis
- make an abstract of a scientific article
- work out a case focusing on business and society awareness
- join a social event (e.g. a network lunch/diner or drinks with Wetsus PhD students)
Travel and accommodation expenses for attending the recruitment challenge will be covered by Wetsus.
In the selection process the suitability of the applicants is rated using a scoring system. In each round the evaluators will rate the candidate for five criteria and give scores for each criteria. The criteria and maximum scores are:
- Motivation (10 points)
- Research excellence (50 points)
- Enthusiasm (10 points)
- Initiative & independency (15 points
- Communication (15 points)
Of course all candidates need to fulfill the general requirements (threshold, no points).Deadlines
Within one month after the application deadline, an application is reviewed and the applicant will be informed if his/her submission meets the requirements to be invited for the video interview (2nd round). The interview will take place as soon as possible but ultimately within one month after a positive evaluation in the first round. Within 2 weeks after a positive video interview the candidates will be invited for the recruitment challenge.Appeal & redress
Wetsus will take all measures to implement the principles set out in the Commission Recommendation on the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. More information on the Euraxess Rights page.
After each round candidates can appeal within 2 weeks if they feel there are unjustly evaluated for one of the following reasons:
- relevant information was not taken into account;
- procedural errors;
- discrimination on the basis of gender, race, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression;
- other ethical issue.
Posted by: Y Budi Sulistioadi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
INFO LOWONGAN DI BIDANG MIGAS:
INGIN KELUAR DARI MILIS BEASISWA?
Kirim email kosong ke email@example.com