YSEALI Professional Fellows [Open application from March 1 - April 15, 2016]
What is it?
The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program is a professional development exchange program for the best and brightest community leaders from ASEAN, working in the fields of civic engagement, NGO management, economic empowerment, governance, legislative process, environmental and natural resources management. The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program provides participants a month-long fellowship at U.S.-based non-profit or other organizations, government offices or legislative bodies. Fellows will work with community leaders to enhance their practical expertise, leadership skills and professional contacts to address issues in their home communities.
The program concludes in Washington to allow for engagement with policymakers and networking among YSEALI Professional Fellows from across ASEAN. A select group of Americans who worked with the YSEALI Professional Fellows will then travel overseas to further strengthen relationships, continue to collaborate on issue-based projects, and mentor other YSEALI members.
Who is eligible to apply?
Young professionals from all 10 ASEAN countries who are leading change and innovation in civil society, the public sector, or the private sector. You must be a YSEALI member to apply for the Professional Fellows Program. Please join now at https://youngsoutheastasianleaders.state.gov/ to get regular updates on upcoming Professional Fellows Programs and other opportunities.
How do I apply?
Applications for the Fall 2016 YSEALI Professional Fellows Program are now OPEN!
The program application for the YSEALI Professional Fellows Program is open from March 1 - April 15, 2016. Applicants are limited to applying to only one exchange listed below:
- Economic Empowerment: An exchange focused on economic empowerment for young professional leaders from Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam - Coming Soon (Check back for updates)
- Environmental Sustainability: An exchange focused on the field of environmental sustainability for young professional leaders from Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam - Coming Soon (Check back for updates)
- Legislative Process and Governance: An exchange focused on legislative process and governance for young political and policy leaders from Burma, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand, to apply for this program go toAmerican Council of Young Political Leaders
- Legislative Process and Governance / Civic Engagement: An exchange focused on municipal legislative process and governance for young local government leaders from Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam, to apply for this program go toInternational City/County Mgmt Association
What are the eligibility requirements?
Applicants must be:
- Be community leaders, ages 25-35, currently employed and with at least two years of professional experience at the time of application;
- Have a track record of making an impact in their community, institution or company;
- Be proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application;
- Be a citizen of, and currently residing in, one of the ten ASEAN member nations.
- Eligible to receive a United States J-1 visa.
What are the selection criteria?
- Demonstrate a strong track record of leadership or positive impact in their community or workplace;
- Demonstrate knowledge, or professional experience in one of the YSEALI themes: civic engagement, environment and natural resources management, or entrepreneurship and economic development;
- Demonstrate a commitment or interest to community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States and ASEAN as a region;
- Be willing to actively participate in a professional work environment to develop professional capacities and leadership skills;
- Have a commitment to return to their home country to apply leadership skills and training to benefit their community, country, or the ASEAN region; and Preferably have little or no prior work, study, or travel experience in the United States.
For further information, please visit http://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/yseali-professional-fellows-program
Posted by: Mikhsan Putra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
INFO LOWONGAN DI BIDANG MIGAS:
INGIN KELUAR DARI MILIS BEASISWA?
Kirim email kosong ke email@example.com