From: Didier Allexandre <DAllexandre@kesslerfoundation.org>
Date: Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 5:16 PM
Postdoctoral Position in Neuromuscular Rehabilitation and Neuroimaging
West Orange, NJ, USA
Applications are now being accepted for a Postdoctoral Fellowship position at the Human Performance and Engineering Lab at Kessler Foundation in collaboration with New Jersey Medical School of Rutgers University. The 2-3 year program prepares biomedical scientists, including engineers (e.g. biomedical, electrical, rehabilitation), neuroscientists, kinesiologists, and those in related fields, for a career in rehabilitation research within the specialty area of neuromuscular rehabilitation. The successful candidate will work principally on a 5 year NIH funded research study aimed at investigating the neurophysiological effect of mental and physical training on mitigating cancer- and/or cancer treatment-related weakness. The successful applicant will also be expected to develop his/her own mentored research project as well as have the opportunity to work on other projects in neuromuscular rehabilitation in diverse patient populations including traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury and stroke. He/she will work on various aspects of research projects from inception (e.g., study formulation, grant-writing, etc.), through dissemination (conference presentation and manuscript publication). Opportunities of collaborating with clinicians on existing or future clinical research are also available. All fellows participate in an extensive training curriculum and didactic offerings. Multidisciplinary mentored training opportunities are individually tailored to achieve specific goals considering each fellow's prior background and interests.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Guang Yue, Ph.D.
· Applicants with specific interests and/or experience in the following areas: Neuromuscular rehabilitation; biomedical signal processing (e.g., EEG, TMS and EMG); brain and muscle electrophysiology; functional and structural MRI.
· Qualified candidates must have an earned doctorate in biomedical engineering, neuroscience, kinesiology or a related field with a background in signal processing or/and image processing (EEG, MRI, fMRI). Working knowledge of at least one programming language is mandatory.
· Preferences will be given to candidates with expertise in Matlab programming as well as image processing software such as EEGLAB, FSL, AFNI.
· Strong candidates will have prior experience in performing research studies in human subjects, as well as some history of publication and presentation of original research.
· Additional desirable skills and experience include: experience with EEG/EMG data collection and analysis, biomedical instrumentation, ability to independently develop data processing/analysis methods, knowledge of statistical data analysis, and excellent written communication skills.
Kessler Foundation and the Fellowship program -------------------
The Kessler Foundation Research Center is a division of Kessler Foundation, a public charity that advances its mission of improving the lives of people with disabilities through research and grant-making programs. The Kessler Foundation Research Center is affiliated with the renowned Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation in West Orange, New Jersey and enjoys close collaborations with partners at the New Jersey Institute of Technology, Rutgers University, Seton Hall University, New York University, and the University of Delaware. Kessler Foundation is one of the few rehabilitation institutions in the United States who has a research dedicated state-of-the-art 3T Siemens MRI system at the Rocco Ortenzio Neuroimaging Center. This offers unique research opportunities and training in neuroimaging. Applicants are encouraged to visit the Foundation website (http://www.kesslerfoundation.org/research/) to learn about the missions, activities, and resources and its laboratories, in particular the Human Performance and Engineering Lab.
Administration of the ARRT fellowships occurs under the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the New Jersey Medical School of Rutgers University in Newark. As such, fellows enjoy the benefits and academic resources available to all post-doctoral fellows at the Medical School. Fellows may also be recommended for an academic appointment at the rank of Instructor.
How to apply -------------------
To apply, please send your (1) CV, (2) a cover letter summarizing relevant research expertise, experience and interest to Dr. Allexandre at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference number "HPEL01-eeglab2" in your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 7/31/2015 or until filled
We are equal opportunity employers.
Posted by: "Ignatius S. Condro Atmawan B." <email@example.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
INFO LOWONGAN DI BIDANG MIGAS:
INGIN KELUAR DARI MILIS BEASISWA?
Kirim email kosong ke firstname.lastname@example.org